Traditional Indian art is adapted my many decorators to bring out an interesting and exotic appeal to home decors. With so many options and designs to choose from, one might often feel overwhelmed about the best ones to grace their homes . However, as complex as Indian art may be, they are also increasingly versatile, making it easier to use them across various sections of your home, without going over the top.
Here are some tips in this article that will help you in selecting the right décor elements from something as complex as Indian Mandala or color schemes, patterns and more.
- Bright colors are what make Indian décor so vibrant and inviting. You can choose from the wide range of color palette. However, there is always a risk of creating visual noise if the colors are not used in unison. When using color as the main design element, it is important to choose safe schemes such as bi color, accents or neutral shades as base color. You also introduce pop colors to make the room appear more cheerful and unserious.
- There is nothing more commonly demanded in Indian handicraft sector as the authentic handmade furniture. These pieces are eccentric and unique in their own right. They can be standalone features in a room by their own simple presence. Just throw in few designed centerpieces and you have what you call as a perfect living room. There is a huge variety of handcrafted furniture that one can choose from. There are options ranging from ornate pieces to distressed furniture. You can pick the one that aligns best with your needs.
- Aesthetically designed traditional cabinets can be both functional and focal points in a room. You can paint them with bright colors or use inlay work to really make then stand out. Traditional Indian art is best incorporated in these heavy duty cabinets that can really add some antique glamour to your room.
- The best to integrate the Indian handicraft element in your home décor, without spending heavily is by using the printed fabrics. Ajrakh printed cushion covers or Mandala printed bed sheets can really work up a space and make it look decorative.
- With so many handicrafts to choose from, you can get some knickknacks that can make up the artifacts collection in your home. Some choices include clay wares, leather goods, wooden boxes, marble items and lots more. You can place them around the house and tie in the decorative theme. If you don’t mind spending a little extra, then heavy brass lamps are a good choice for any room that needs a focal point.
Interior designers all over the world have used elements of Indian handicrafts in their designs. If you do not want to use a professional designer, use the tips from this article to add some personality to your décor.